Have I told you guys how amazing my husband is? Oh yeah, I guess I have. Well, here’s some proof. The other day hubby made me this amazing chicken. That’s right, he’s more than just eye candy ;). Here’s his recipe for all to enjoy. This makes enough for two, but if you want to make more it should work just fine doubled, tripled, or if you’re really hungry quadrupled. Enjoy!
1 one large chicken breast
1 C. grated cheese (we used colby jack, but any variety will do)
1 1/2 C. spinach leaves
1/4 C. diced onions
1 small clove garlic minced
1/4 C. barbecue Sauce
3 Strips of bacon
1 large apple (sliced into large chunks)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix spinach, cheese and garlic together in mixing bowl, set aside
- Slice chicken breast horizontally into thirds
- Layer 1/2 of spinach-cheese mixture onto chicken breast piece, put another piece of chicken on top, layer with the rest of the spinach cheese mixture, top with last piece of chicken, (It should look a little like a sandwich)
- Wrap with bacon and pin with toothpicks
- Place in oiled casserole dish, place apple slices around, and cook for 45 minutes or until juices run clear
- Pour barbecue sauce over dish and sprinkle with cheese, return to oven until barbecue is bubbly and cheese is melted – about 5 minutes