This low fat broccoli bisque is really flavorful and easy to make. It tastes like a cream soup, but has no milk or cream in it, instead it has some awesome sauce on top that gives a yummy tang to every bite. I made it using the blendtec blender my husband won when he competed in Zion’s bank’s Cheapster competition. No, no one paid me to say that – I just mention it out of gratitude for the amazing blender. This makes about 4 bowls of soup so it’s more of an appetizer or light lunch.
1/3 c olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp lemon juice
thyme to taste
1 clove garlic crushed and chopped
1/2 yellow onion chopped
2 cups broccoli florets
3 celery stalks chopped
2 cans low sodium chicken broth
1. combine topping ingredients and set aside
2. spray your pot with coking oil and saute garlic and onion for 3 minutes or until soft and slightly browned
3. add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer for three minutes or until broccoli is cooked
4. pour soup into your blender and blend until smooth (I just press the soup button on my blendtec)
5. pour soup into bowls and drizzle about a Tbsp of topping on each bowl of soup, if you want a little extra color you can sprinkle some paprika on top of that, serve with bread-sticks.