So, I found this amazing 3 x 5 foot seascape with a gorgeous, ornate frame at a yard sale and I knew right away that I wanted to revamp it for our home. Hubby and I spent a lot of time talking about what message we wanted on it and ultimately settled on Pray more, Worry less. It’s a nice daily reminder that no matter what is troubling us the Lord is aware and in charge. We don’t need to spend so much time worrying because it’s in His hands.
And now for the tutorial:
1 vintage painting
2 colors acrylic paint
1″ foam paintbrush
1. Use your painter’s tape to write out a message or block out a design
2. Paint over the painting – I did it with a swirly brush stroke but you could do just about any type – you could also do this with spray paint
3. When the paint is almost dry but still tacky, pull the tape off and let it dry overnight.
4. paint on whatever extra touches you want – this is where I painted out worry less :)
5. let it dry and hang it up