Today we’ve got a guest post from Mindy, the awesome founder of Tangled Up With String, a new blog craft blog that I’m sure ya’ll would like.
My “Hot Chocolate Bar”
I am so excited to be guest posting here at Amber May Be… ! I love Amber and everything that she shares with us.
I am from a cute little blog called Tangled Up With String. There are five of us creative ladies working together to share our ideas with others and develop more talents ourselves. We are having so much fun and would love for you to follow us!
Today, I decided to share my cute little Cocoa Bar with you! I love having hot cocoa out for guests when they come over. And I always keep my tea pot ready to go on my stove.
1. I make a chalkboard printable to fit this time of year! I thought that it would be so fun to have it be a heart theme for Valentine’s Day. You can get the free printable HERE in two different sizes!
2. I picked up a simple silver frame from our local dollar store.
3. These little silver trays were also from the dollar store. I wanted something to make it look more streamlined and connected.
4. A couple of years ago, I scored this apothecary jar from a second hand store in town. Oh ya! I keep our hot chocolate in it.
5. These are some of the mugs that we have (I really like white dinnerware. It is clean AND I can change the colors in my kitchen without wanting to buy new dishes…… yes, I already made that mistake!)
6. These little jars are actually old salsa jars from the store. After we used the salsa, I put them through the dishwasher three times. Yes, three times! The first two times didn’t get the salsa smell out. After the third time, I let them sit (with the lids on) for three days with some newspaper inside of them. I had heard that trick worked for Tupperware, so I tried it with these. Yep! It worked! After spray painting the lids sliver, everything matched perfectly! I added some mini marshmallows and creamer to sweeten up the cocoa.