I wanted to make Little Lion something cute for our family pictures, but I didn’t want to spend a lot of money or time. This is what I came up with. Made from scraps, these bows turned out really cute and they were so easy! These only cost pennies to make and they would make great stocking stuffers for little girls.
- Felt scraps
- Glue gun
- 1 glue stick
- binding clips
- lace scraps
Step 1. Cut 4 strips of felt as pictured as well as two strips of lace, 1 3 inches long and the other 1/2 an inch long.
2. Fold the 3 inch strip in half and cut out a little triangle
3. Hot glue the 3 inch lace strip to the three-inch felt strip. P.S. if you’re really cool and Gilmore-like you’ll use a Chinese take out menu to catch the hot glue ;)
4. Take your 4 inch strip of felt and pull the two ends into a circle as pictured. Put daubs of hot glue on the outside edges as indicated in the picture (thank heavens for pictures right?)
5. Attach your circle of felt to the lacy 3 inch felt strip like so
6. Add a daub of hot glue to the inside and top of your felt circle, then, using your thumb and forefinger, pinch the circle closed as pictured
8. Pull the felt tightly around the bow, pinching and bunching the loops as you go. Make sure it’s good and tight and then hot glue on the same spot where you attached it – on the top and back of the bow.
9. Hot glue the 1/2 inch strip of lace around the middle. The bow is now finished. You can stop here or keep going if you want to turn it into a hair-clip.
8. Open your binding clip and hot glue the remaining felt strip to it. Make sure to get lots of glue around the circle at the end. This is how you will get it to stay put. Let it cool, trim the felt around the clip and hot glue the bow to it, let it cool and close it.
Now revel in the fact that it only took you 10 minutes to make that bow, and the next 15 or so will only take you 2 minutes each hee hee :) If it isn’t meant to be a surprise, this is a great project to do with your little girl. Little Lion woke up from nap in the middle of this project and had a great time telling me which colors to glue next. She was SO excited. In her words, “Mom I’m so exciting!” lol. Poor jaguar was jealous and tried to help out too. I won’t be surprised if I find little felt bits in his diaper later.